Family tree
   
   
  www.tinos.gr
  www.tinos.biz
  www.e-tinos.gr
  www.tinos.tv
  www.pigeon.gr
  www.tinos.com.gr
 
 
 
  www.meteo.gr
  www.tinos.biz/meteo
  www.poseidon.ncmr.gr
 passenger liners' sailings to Tinos
  from port of Piraeus
  from port of Rafina

Genealogical tree

 

The surname “Koumarianos” is met in various places of Greece. Some people say that its  origin is  Constantinople, while other say that its roots are found in Attica. It is a question that is difficult if no impossible to be answered. As difficult also it is to be answered the question if it’s about branches of the same tree which has been spread during the years or if the surname has been “born” in different places and consequently “Koumarianoi” who are coming from different geographic regions they have no blood relationship between them.

 

read more …

the website is hosted in
www.256.gr

The Association of Tinion Dyohorianon “The Glysterni”, is founded in Athens, in 1973, aiming to join the forces of all people coming from Dyo Horia in order to help the village and the around area.

From its foundation up to today, the Association is the unique active constitution in the village, trying, with meagre means, to dull the impacts of the inevitable decline and decay, by:

 

1. Social events

  • Excursions in various places of Greece, in which members and friends participate.
  • Celebration of the new year’s coming that takes place in the hall of the Association in Dyo Horia with the cutting of the traditional cake. The residents and all people coming from   Dyo Horia and live in the city (Hora) or in other villages as well as the religious and political local authorities are welcome. The members of the board of directors entertain all the participants with gifts, delicacies and drinks.
  • Easter celebration. On the day of Easter it is established the “table of love”. The residents sit all in a table in the central square of the village, eating the traditional roasted lamb on the spit, cracking red eggs and drinking local wine, all treated by the Association. In that feast anyone who is in the village that day is also welcome.
  • The summer dance. On 6 August, on the day of the ‘’Transfiguration’’, the summer dancing party of the Association is taking place in the square of Dyo Horia. The crowning event of the year. Is a meeting of hundreds of fellow-villagers who fill the square of the village feasting all the night.

2. Work of infrastructure, reformation and embellishment

  • In 1974 the Association financed the commencement of the works of water supply and sewerage.
  • The same period took place the extension and reformation of the square in its current form. Under the square was created the hall of the Association in plot donated by the ever memorable Theodoros and Sofia Moraiti, with the sponsoring and technical support of Mr Giorgos Gr. Bourdakos.
  • Financing of works of reformation and paving of central streets of the village (arcades, central stairway etc).
  • On Association’s initiative and efforts of a collection committee established by the Association, a new ossuary was built inside the area of cemetery, according the drawings of the architect Axiotis.
  • Financing the embellishment of the spring’s Glysterni building.
  • Financing of water supply works (drillings, pumping stations, pipes etc).
  • Financing of lighting of central points of the village.
  • On Association’s initiative and efforts of a collection committee under Nikolaos-Ioannis D. Vidalis, made and set up into the front yard of the cathedral of Assumption of the Virgin Maria, marble bust of the blessed memory priest Ioanni Kollarou.
  • Extension, renovation and equipment of the hall of the Association, with the sponsoring of the Holy Foundation of Evangelistria Tinou, the Parochial Committee of the cathedral, Matthew D. Vidalis, Martha Teskou-Vidali and Thalia Georgouli-Vidali.
  • Reformation and embellishment of the entrance of the village (bridge). The works are continued.

Philippos Antoniou Lilas or Tiniakos from Dyo Horia

 

Fighter of the revolution of 1821, distinguished mainly in the at sea hostilities under the orders of Pappanikolis, Kapetan Apostolis and C. Kanaris, fall fighting for his fatherland. Distinguishing for his boldness and obedience, he was one of the five members of the crew of the Kanari’s fire-ship. Truthful witnesses of the feats of our glorious fellow-citizen, documents signed by the Parliament of Psara, Kapetan Apostolis and C. Kanaris, via which the country recognizes his bravery and his self-denial.

By one of that documents of Parliament of the Island Psara, dated June 8th, 1822, it is confirmed the attendance of Philippos Lilas (Tiniakos) in the firing of the Ottoman flagship on which was the Kapetan Passas.

The 12th June 1865, his nephews Georgios, Ioannis and Philippos  Desipris, filed an application in the Committee of the Fight, requesting the due recompense, "… as the genuine heirs of the dead at the holy fight, fire-setting Filippos A. Lillas …”, attaching certificate of Tinos’ Mayor published on 4th June 1865 with which it was confirmed that above "… are genuine and alone nearest heirs of deceased their uncle Philippos Antoniou Lillas from the village Dyo Horia of our Municipality."

Dyo Horia. One of the more beautiful villages of Tinos island, built at380 m. altitude on the south-eastern side of the mount Kehrovouni on a ravine covered with trees and plants with spring waters. Initially there were two separate settlements built at both sides, each one with his own church and parish (Dyo Horia means Two Villages) and which settlements expanding in the course of the years, joined. Today the residents are still using as toponymies the terms "upper" and "under" village.

The lack of historical data does not allow us to determine the time period of the first appearance of the settlement. The first explicit report of the village with his current name is found in medieval texts.

The Venetian inspector Francesco Basilicata, who visited Tinos in 1630 A.D., reports among others the names of the villages "Kehros, Dyo Horia, Arnados, Karya… ".

G. Dorizas in his book MEDIEVAL TINOS, reports: "… Around the Exompourgo had been built, since the ancient period and especially during the Venetian occupation, most of the villages of Tinos so that the residents could protect themselves,  staying in the fortress, from hostile raids." He mentions all the villages at geographic orientation in relation to this."… 3) To the East Mountados and more east invisible (means from Exompourgo) Arnados, Triantaros, two Kastelli (ruined), Dyo Horia, …".

Kostas Kajrofylas, in the Historical Pages of Tinos, writes: Joseph Pitton de Tournefort, French academician, dispatched from Louis XIV, arrived in Greece in 1700. Later he reported everything that he saw, in three volumes of very important content. "…except the fortress of Saint Nikolaos, the main villages of island is… Arnado… Potamia, Kakro, Two Kastellia, Dyo Horia (Diocarea), Tsikalada… ".

With the administrative regulation of 1838, Dyo Horia, remained department of the municipality of Tinos. From 1912 they became seat of the Community of Dyo Horia which they constituted with Arnados and the H.M. of Kehrovouni, up to the recent administrative recomposition (Kapodistrias), been once again part of the Municipality of Tinos. 

Dyo Horia, due to their scenic beauty and the hospitality of their residents, had been for years a pole of attraction of the locals as well as of foreigners almost up to the end of 70’s. Decades before the village has its carriage road, Dyo Horia used to accept daily caravans of visitors, getting on mules and donkeys to enjoy the view, the dew of the very green place with the spring waters and the services given to them by the three restaurants that were in operation that period in the village. Unforgotten remain to the older people the up to the morning entertainment in Dyo Horia during the village feasts of “The Transfiguration”, “St. John’s”, Carnival, weddings.

Even nowadays in the period of deterioration, decline and depopulation of our villages, Dyo Horia, maintain their scenic beauty. They are still proud of their beautiful square, which the local Association "the Glysterni" has expanded and smartened up. They continue to compensate the visitor with the deep shade of the plane-trees, their cool spring waters perpetually murmuring in all the village’s spring-vaults (xynari), their picturesqueness and the unique view that offer from any point that someone stands to look far away.